stubdoms ?

shoom
Is it possible o have stubdom (as HVM device model) on IA64, and what would be the prerequisites for that ?
ZP.

Re: stubdoms ?

Samuel Thibault
Zoran Popović, le Wed 23 Dec 2009 19:24:48 +0100, a écrit :
> Is it possible o have stubdom (as HVM device model) on IA64,

It should be possible yes.

> and what would be the prerequisites for that ?

Fixing the ia64 memory mapping in MiniOS.

Note however Tristan Gingold's self IO emulation alternative.

Samuel

Re: stubdoms ?

shoom
That is even better solution, a really very good idea ! Is it based mostly on HVM firmware modification, but I didn't follow if any hypervisor changes are needed as well ?

ZP.

Zoran Popović, le Thu 24 Dec 2009 00:52:45 +0100, a écrit :
> That is even better solution, a really very good idea ! Is it based mostly on
> HVM firmware modification, but I didn't follow if any hypervisor changes are
> needed as well ?

Some changes are needed to deliver I/O emulation events to the firmware,
yes.

Samuel