using network block device (nbd) as the guest disk

using network block device (nbd) as the guest disk

sanjay kushwaha
Hi Folks,
I am trying to use a remote disk as the guest VM's root file system. I see that I need to specify nbd instead of phy as the disk value in the guest config file. I also see that hotplug scripts try to call "nbd-client"  (/etc/xen/scripts/block-nbd) utility to make a connection to the remote disk. I am however not able to find this "nbd-client" utility. Also I am not able to find the corresponding server (e.g. nbd-server) utility.

Could anyone please let me know if using nbd works with Xen and if yes, how to get it to work (where to get the client and server utilities).

Thanks,
Sanjay