virtual machine introspection in Xen 4.7

virtual machine introspection in Xen 4.7

Kun Cheng
Hello guys,

I'm using Xen 4.7. I have noticed VMI was introduced to Xen since Xen
4.5. I'd like to know if there are any documents/API/tutorials about
it? Or I have to still build libvmi and use it for VMI on Xen?

Re: virtual machine introspection in Xen 4.7

Dongli Zhang
From my knowledge, xen vmi rely on libvmi and altp2m.

CCed Tamas for help.

Dongli Zhang

On 12/26/2017 02:40 PM, Kun Cheng wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I'm using Xen 4.7. I have noticed VMI was introduced to Xen since Xen
> 4.5. I'd like to know if there are any documents/API/tutorials about
> it? Or I have to still build libvmi and use it for VMI on Xen?
>
> Thanks,

Re: virtual machine introspection in Xen 4.7

Kun Cheng
Thank you, Dongli.

I noticed in Xen 4.7 release there was a "Improvements to the Virtual Machine Introspection (VMI) subsystem'', which made me wonder if there was a dedicated project other than libvmi. Anyway thank you so much and I will wait for Tamas' reply.

Dongli Zhang <[hidden email]>于2017年12月26日 周二下午3:39写道:
From my knowledge, xen vmi rely on libvmi and altp2m.

CCed Tamas for help.

Dongli Zhang

On 12/26/2017 02:40 PM, Kun Cheng wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm using Xen 4.7. I have noticed VMI was introduced to Xen since Xen
> 4.5. I'd like to know if there are any documents/API/tutorials about
> it? Or I have to still build libvmi and use it for VMI on Xen?
>
> Thanks,

Re: virtual machine introspection in Xen 4.7

Tamas K Lengyel-2
Sorry for the very late reply. Beside libvmi there is https://github.com/bitdefender/libbdvmi and of course the test tool within the source tree, xen-access.

Tamas

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017, 01:17 Kun Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you, Dongli.

I noticed in Xen 4.7 release there was a "Improvements to the Virtual Machine Introspection (VMI) subsystem'', which made me wonder if there was a dedicated project other than libvmi. Anyway thank you so much and I will wait for Tamas' reply.

Dongli Zhang <[hidden email]>于2017年12月26日 周二下午3:39写道:
From my knowledge, xen vmi rely on libvmi and altp2m.

CCed Tamas for help.

Dongli Zhang

On 12/26/2017 02:40 PM, Kun Cheng wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm using Xen 4.7. I have noticed VMI was introduced to Xen since Xen
> 4.5. I'd like to know if there are any documents/API/tutorials about
> it? Or I have to still build libvmi and use it for VMI on Xen?
>
> Thanks,

Re: virtual machine introspection in Xen 4.7

Kun Cheng
Thank you, Tamas! I will go and take a look.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 9:39 PM Tamas K Lengyel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry for the very late reply. Beside libvmi there is https://github.com/bitdefender/libbdvmi and of course the test tool within the source tree, xen-access.

Tamas

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017, 01:17 Kun Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you, Dongli.

I noticed in Xen 4.7 release there was a "Improvements to the Virtual Machine Introspection (VMI) subsystem'', which made me wonder if there was a dedicated project other than libvmi. Anyway thank you so much and I will wait for Tamas' reply.

Dongli Zhang <[hidden email]>于2017年12月26日 周二下午3:39写道:
From my knowledge, xen vmi rely on libvmi and altp2m.