vnc always binds to localhost so can't access over the net

vnc always binds to localhost so can't access over the net

Phil Susi
So my cfg file says:

vfb=['vnclisten=10.1.1.8']

When I run xl create -d, it dumps the json showing vnclisten=10.1.1.8,
but it ends up binding the socket to 127.0.0.1, and xenstore-ls shows
vnclisten=127.0.0.1.

Where could this information be getting lost between xl and xenstore?
I'm running xen 4.6.5 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Re: vnc always binds to localhost so can't access over the net

Andrey Schmiegelow-2
Hi Phil

Use the following syntax in you config file:

vnclisten= '0.0.0.0:0'
vfb = [ 'type=vnc' ]

It will reflect

            "vnc": {
                "listen": "0.0.0.0:0"
            },

in  json dump.

Regards,
Andrey

Em 24-10-2017 12:56, Phil Susi escreveu:
So my cfg file says:

vfb=['vnclisten=10.1.1.8']

When I run xl create -d, it dumps the json showing vnclisten=10.1.1.8,
but it ends up binding the socket to 127.0.0.1, and xenstore-ls shows
vnclisten=127.0.0.1.

Where could this information be getting lost between xl and xenstore?
I'm running xen 4.6.5 on Ubuntu 16.04.

Andrey Schmiegelow
Diretor
TecnoHelp Tecnologia
+55 (48) 3025-1212
[hidden email]
www.tecnohelp.com.br

On 10/24/2017 12:41 PM, Andrey Schmiegelow wrote:

> Hi Phil
>
> Use the following syntax in you config file:
>
> vnclisten= '0.0.0.0:0'
> vfb = [ 'type=vnc' ]
>
> It will reflect
>
>             "vnc": {
>                 "listen": "0.0.0.0:0"
>             },
>
> in  json dump.

Ahh, thanks... apparently the syntax got changed at some point and
nobody thought to continue to support or at least warn on the old syntax.