xen 3.0 boot problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

xen 3.0 boot problem

Stephan Böni
I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:

qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase 0xf8812000
qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...

until here all works fine, but then:

input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0
qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop address 0xffff
scsi3 : qla2xxx
qla2300 0000:04:02.0:
  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
  QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
  ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
fw=3.03.15 IPX
Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
exiting to /bin/sh
$

if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:

SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
....usw.

Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(

What's going wrong here?

Stephan

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: xen 3.0 boot problem

Ian Pratt
 
Has anyone used xen succefully with a qla2300?

What machines have this card?

Ian

> I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
> But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:
>
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase
> 0xf8812000 qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
>
> until here all works fine, but then:
>
> input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0 qla2300
> 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop address 0xffff
> scsi3 : qla2xxx
> qla2300 0000:04:02.0:
>   QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
>   QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
>   ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
> fw=3.03.15 IPX
> Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
> exiting to /bin/sh $
>
> if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:
>
> SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back SCSI device sda:
> 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB) SCSI device sda:
> drive cache: write back
>  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
> ....usw.
>
> Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
> Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(



_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xen 3.0 boot problem

Stephan Böni
In reply to this post by Stephan Böni
It works fine with Xen 2.0. The qla2300 compatible cards are the most
used fibre channel host bus adapter to attach a SAN. Without this
driver you can say goodbye to a lot SAN solutions.

We have some IBM systems with this adapter in our office, because
IBM uses the QLogic 2312 chipset as default too. If i can help to
determine the bug, i will do anything. (But my programming knowledge
is not so big. Therefore i need a lot of help.)

Stephan


> Has anyone used xen succefully with a qla2300?
>
> What machines have this card?
>
> Ian
>
> > I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
> > But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:
> >
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase
> > 0xf8812000 qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
> >
> > until here all works fine, but then:
> >
> > input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0 qla2300
> > 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop address 0xffff
> > scsi3 : qla2xxx
> > qla2300 0000:04:02.0:
> >   QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
> >   QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
> >   ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
> > fw=3.03.15 IPX
> > Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> > Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
> > exiting to /bin/sh $
> >
> > if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:
> >
> > SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> > SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back SCSI device sda:
> > 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB) SCSI device sda:
> > drive cache: write back
> >  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
> > ....usw.
> >
> > Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
> > Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(
>
>
>

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: xen 3.0 boot problem

Githogori Nyangara-Murage
In reply to this post by Ian Pratt
As I had stated earlier, I have again built Xen-unstable and have it
running on a Dell 1850 which has a qla2300 card. In fact right now it is
busy beating up on the storage using ibre channel via the qla2300. It is
on RHEL 4.1, and build against a vanilla Cambridge download, so this
should also work on SuSE.

Below is a snippet of my messages file.

 .githogori.

Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: Red Hat/Adaptec aacraid driver
(1.1.2-lk2 Oct  6 2005)
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:0b.0[A] ->
GSI 37 (level, low) -> IRQ 37
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Found an
ISP2312, irq 37, iobase 0xe0002000
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: scsi0 : qla2xxx
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Configuring PCI
space...
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Configure NVRAM
parameters...
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Verifying loaded
RISC code...
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Waiting for LIP
to complete...
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Cable is
unplugged...
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver:
8.00.02b5-k
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:   QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb
FC, Dual Channel
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @
0000:02:0b.0 hdma-, host#=0, fw=3.03.08 IPX
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:0b.1[B] ->
GSI 38 (level, low) -> IRQ 38
Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Found an
ISP2312, irq 38, iobase 0xe0004000
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: scsi1 : qla2xxx
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Configuring PCI
space...
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Configure NVRAM
parameters...
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Verifying loaded
RISC code...
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Waiting for LIP
to complete...
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP reset
occured (f8f7).
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP occured
(f8f7).
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LOOP UP detected
(1 Gbps).
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Topology -
(Loop), Host Loop address 0x7d
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver:
8.00.02b5-k
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb
FC, Dual Channel
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @
0000:02:0b.1 hdma-, host#=1, fw=3.03.08 IPX
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: megaraid cmm: 2.20.2.5 (Release Date:
Fri Jan 21 00:01:03 EST 2005)
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: megaraid: 2.20.4.5 (Release Date: Thu
Feb 03 12:27:22 EST 2005)
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   Vendor: DGC       Model: RAID 5
Rev: 0411
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   Type:   Direct-Access
ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: 3ware Storage Controller device driver
for Linux v1.26.02.001.
Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: SCSI device sda: 68317440 512-byte
hdwr sectors (34979 MB)


On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 21:28 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:

>  Has anyone used xen succefully with a qla2300?
>
> What machines have this card?
>
> Ian
>
> > I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
> > But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:
> >
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase
> > 0xf8812000 qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
> >
> > until here all works fine, but then:
> >
> > input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0 qla2300
> > 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
> > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop address 0xffff
> > scsi3 : qla2xxx
> > qla2300 0000:04:02.0:
> >   QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
> >   QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
> >   ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
> > fw=3.03.15 IPX
> > Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> > Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
> > exiting to /bin/sh $
> >
> > if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:
> >
> > SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> > SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back SCSI device sda:
> > 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB) SCSI device sda:
> > drive cache: write back
> >  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
> > ....usw.
> >
> > Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
> > Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Xen-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xen 3.0 boot problem

Manuel da Costa
In reply to this post by Ian Pratt
Beein used here the qla2344 on several boxes. works  trully fine  on  gentoo-xensources (vanilla kernel plus xen patches) and (this is what i'm using in production) with suse kotd sources.

Bellow is the relevant bootlog...

Best regards,

[    6.599201] QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver
[    6.599446] ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:04.0[A] -> GSI 29 (level, low) -> IRQ 29
[    6.599749] qla2300 0000:02:04.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 29, iobase 0xe8804000
[    6.600392] qla2300 0000:02:04.0: Configuring PCI space...
[    6.600687] qla2300 0000:02:04.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
[    6.685681] qla2300 0000:02:04.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
[    6.809175] qla2300 0000:02:04.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
[   27.200114] qla2300 0000:02:04.0: Cable is unplugged...
[   27.200289] scsi0 : qla2xxx
[   27.200579] qla2300 0000:02:04.0:
[   27.200580]  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.00.02b5-k
[   27.200581]   QLogic QLA2344 -
[   27.200582]   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @ 0000:02:04.0 hdma+, host#=0, fw=3.03.08 IPX
[   27.201211] ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:04.1[B] -> GSI 30 (level, low) -> IRQ 30
[   27.201482] qla2300 0000:02:04.1: Found an ISP2312, irq 30, iobase 0xe8806000
[   27.202082] qla2300 0000:02:04.1: Configuring PCI space...
[   27.202369] qla2300 0000:02:04.1: Configure NVRAM parameters...
[   27.287483] qla2300 0000:02:04.1: Verifying loaded RISC code...
[   27.410625] qla2300 0000:02:04.1: Waiting for LIP to complete...
[   47.810115] qla2300 0000:02:04.1: Cable is unplugged...
[   47.810279] scsi1 : qla2xxx
[   47.810504] qla2300 0000:02:04.1:
[   47.810505]  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.00.02b5-k
[   47.810507]   QLogic QLA2344 -
[   47.810508]   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @ 0000:02:04.1 hdma+, host#=1, fw=3.03.08 IPX
[   47.811136] ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:06.0[A] -> GSI 31 (level, low) -> IRQ 31
[   47.811404] qla2300 0000:02:06.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 31, iobase 0xe881a000
[   47.812006] qla2300 0000:02:06.0: Configuring PCI space...
[   47.812295] qla2300 0000:02:06.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
[   47.897025] qla2300 0000:02:06.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
[   48.020170] qla2300 0000:02:06.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
[   68.410104] qla2300 0000:02:06.0: Cable is unplugged...
[   68.410270] scsi2 : qla2xxx
[   68.410514] qla2300 0000:02:06.0:
[   68.410515]  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.00.02b5-k
[   68.410517]   QLogic QLA2344 -
[   68.410518]   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @ 0000:02:06.0 hdma+, host#=2, fw=3.03.08 IPX
[   68.411144] ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:06.1[B] -> GSI 28 (level, low) -> IRQ 28
[   68.411413] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: Found an ISP2312, irq 28, iobase 0xe881c000
[   68.412024] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: Configuring PCI space...
[   68.412311] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: Configure NVRAM parameters...
[   68.497424] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: Verifying loaded RISC code...
[   68.516876] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: Waiting for LIP to complete...
[   69.020063] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: LIP reset occured (f8f7).
[   69.020220] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: LIP occured (f8f7).
[   69.020370] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
[   69.020661] qla2300 0000:02:06.1: Topology - (Loop), Host Loop address 0x0
[   69.021595] scsi3 : qla2xxx
[   69.021824] qla2300 0000:02:06.1:
[   69.021825]  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.00.02b5-k
[   69.021826]   QLogic QLA2344 -
[   69.021827]   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @ 0000:02:06.1 hdma+, host#=3, fw=3.03.08 IPX
[   69.025082] mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
[   69.025227] md: md driver 0.90.1 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
[   69.025434] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[   69.025850]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.026240]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.027076] SCSI device sda: 131072 512-byte hdwr sectors (67 MB)
[   69.027919] SCSI device sda: drive cache: write through
[   69.028521] SCSI device sda: 131072 512-byte hdwr sectors (67 MB)
[   69.029354] SCSI device sda: drive cache: write through
[   69.029495]  sda: sda1
[   69.030035] Attached scsi disk sda at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
[   69.031081]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.031466]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.032195] SCSI device sdb: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.032943] SCSI device sdb: drive cache: write through
[   69.033469] SCSI device sdb: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.034213] SCSI device sdb: drive cache: write through
[   69.034353]  sdb: sdb1
[   69.048548] Attached scsi disk sdb at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 1
[   69.049188]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.049573]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.050305] SCSI device sdc: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.051056] SCSI device sdc: drive cache: write through
[   69.051586] SCSI device sdc: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.052341] SCSI device sdc: drive cache: write through
[   69.052481]  sdc: sdc1
[   69.065097] Attached scsi disk sdc at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 2
[   69.065589]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.065973]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.066583] SCSI device sdd: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.067279] SCSI device sdd: drive cache: write through
[   69.067695] SCSI device sdd: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.068303] SCSI device sdd: drive cache: write through
[   69.068442]  sdd: sdd1
[   69.078452] Attached scsi disk sdd at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 3
[   69.078969]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.079355]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.080403] SCSI device sde: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.081042] SCSI device sde: drive cache: write through
[   69.081458] SCSI device sde: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.082098] SCSI device sde: drive cache: write through
[   69.082237]  sde: sde1
[   69.093087] Attached scsi disk sde at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 4
[   69.093592]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.093976]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.094591] SCSI device sdf: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.095206] SCSI device sdf: drive cache: write through
[   69.095615] SCSI device sdf: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.096234] SCSI device sdf: drive cache: write through
[   69.096373]  sdf: sdf1
[   69.108174] Attached scsi disk sdf at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 5
[   69.108790]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.109175]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.110034] SCSI device sdg: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.110638] SCSI device sdg: drive cache: write through
[   69.111046] SCSI device sdg: 12582912 512-byte hdwr sectors (6442 MB)
[   69.111645] SCSI device sdg: drive cache: write through
[   69.111784]  sdg: sdg1
[   69.122286] Attached scsi disk sdg at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 6
[   69.122777]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.123163]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.123772] SCSI device sdh: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.124377] SCSI device sdh: drive cache: write through
[   69.124789] SCSI device sdh: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.125393] SCSI device sdh: drive cache: write through
[   69.125532]  sdh: sdh1
[   69.134481] Attached scsi disk sdh at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 7
[   69.134971]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.135355]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.135974] SCSI device sdi: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.136577] SCSI device sdi: drive cache: write through
[   69.136994] SCSI device sdi: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.137597] SCSI device sdi: drive cache: write through
[   69.137736]  sdi: sdi1
[   69.142544] Attached scsi disk sdi at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 8
[   69.143037]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.143421]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.144036] SCSI device sdj: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.144635] SCSI device sdj: drive cache: write through
[   69.145044] SCSI device sdj: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.145640] SCSI device sdj: drive cache: write through
[   69.145780]  sdj:<6>IP: routing cache hash table of 8192 buckets, 64Kbytes
[   69.150433] TCP established hash table entries: 131072 (order: 8, 1048576 bytes)
[   69.151333] TCP bind hash table entries: 65536 (order: 7, 524288 bytes)
[   69.151870] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 131072 bind 65536)
[   69.152110] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[   69.153802]  unknown partition table
[   69.153959] Attached scsi disk sdj at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 9
[   69.154482]   Vendor: DotHill   Model: SANnet II FC      Rev: 327R
[   69.154867]   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 03
[   69.155484] SCSI device sdk: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.156083] SCSI device sdk: drive cache: write through
[   69.156502] SCSI device sdk: 2097152 512-byte hdwr sectors (1074 MB)
[   69.157095] SCSI device sdk: drive cache: write through
[   69.157234]  sdk: unknown partition table
[   69.168099] Attached scsi disk sdk at scsi3, channel 0, id 0, lun 10




On 10/5/05, Ian Pratt <[hidden email]> wrote:

Has anyone used xen succefully with a qla2300?

What machines have this card?

Ian

> I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
> But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:
>
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase
> 0xf8812000 qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
> qla2300 0000:05: 01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
>
> until here all works fine, but then:
>
> input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0 qla2300
> 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop address 0xffff
> scsi3 : qla2xxx
> qla2300 0000:04: 02.0:
>   QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
>   QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
>   ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
> fw=3.03.15 IPX
> Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
> exiting to /bin/sh $
>
> if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:
>
> SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back SCSI device sda:
> 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB) SCSI device sda:
> drive cache: write back
>  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
> ....usw.
>
> Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
> Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(



_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users


_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xen 3.0 boot problem

Stephan Böni
In reply to this post by Stephan Böni
Please, could you tell me the output of your "lsmod". Perhaps there
are some missing modules to load.

Thanks
Stephan


> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Githogori Nyangara-Murage [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Oktober 2005 09:23
> An: Ian Pratt
> Cc: Stephan Böni; [hidden email];
> [hidden email]; [hidden email];
> [hidden email]
> Betreff: RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 boot problem
>
>
> As I had stated earlier, I have again built Xen-unstable and have it
> running on a Dell 1850 which has a qla2300 card. In fact
> right now it is
> busy beating up on the storage using ibre channel via the
> qla2300. It is
> on RHEL 4.1, and build against a vanilla Cambridge download, so this
> should also work on SuSE.
>
> Below is a snippet of my messages file.
>
>  .githogori.
>
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: Red Hat/Adaptec aacraid driver
> (1.1.2-lk2 Oct  6 2005)
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt
> 0000:02:0b.0[A] ->
> GSI 37 (level, low) -> IRQ 37
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Found an
> ISP2312, irq 37, iobase 0xe0002000
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: scsi0 : qla2xxx
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> Configuring PCI
> space...
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> Configure NVRAM
> parameters...
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> Verifying loaded
> RISC code...
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> Waiting for LIP
> to complete...
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Cable is
> unplugged...
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver:
> 8.00.02b5-k
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:   QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz
> PCI-X to 2Gb
> FC, Dual Channel
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @
> 0000:02:0b.0 hdma-, host#=0, fw=3.03.08 IPX
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt
> 0000:02:0b.1[B] ->
> GSI 38 (level, low) -> IRQ 38
> Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Found an
> ISP2312, irq 38, iobase 0xe0004000
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: scsi1 : qla2xxx
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> Configuring PCI
> space...
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> Configure NVRAM
> parameters...
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> Verifying loaded
> RISC code...
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> Waiting for LIP
> to complete...
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP reset
> occured (f8f7).
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP occured
> (f8f7).
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LOOP
> UP detected
> (1 Gbps).
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Topology -
> (Loop), Host Loop address 0x7d
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver:
> 8.00.02b5-k
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz
> PCI-X to 2Gb
> FC, Dual Channel
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @
> 0000:02:0b.1 hdma-, host#=1, fw=3.03.08 IPX
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: megaraid cmm: 2.20.2.5
> (Release Date:
> Fri Jan 21 00:01:03 EST 2005)
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: megaraid: 2.20.4.5 (Release
> Date: Thu
> Feb 03 12:27:22 EST 2005)
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   Vendor: DGC       Model: RAID 5
> Rev: 0411
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   Type:   Direct-Access
> ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: 3ware Storage Controller
> device driver
> for Linux v1.26.02.001.
> Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: SCSI device sda: 68317440 512-byte
> hdwr sectors (34979 MB)
>
>
> On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 21:28 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> >  Has anyone used xen succefully with a qla2300?
> >
> > What machines have this card?
> >
> > Ian
> >
> > > I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
> > > But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:
> > >
> > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase
> > > 0xf8812000 qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
> > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
> > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
> > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
> > >
> > > until here all works fine, but then:
> > >
> > > input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0 qla2300
> > > 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
> > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
> > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop
> address 0xffff
> > > scsi3 : qla2xxx
> > > qla2300 0000:04:02.0:
> > >   QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
> > >   QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
> > >   ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
> > > fw=3.03.15 IPX
> > > Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> > > Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
> > > exiting to /bin/sh $
> > >
> > > if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:
> > >
> > > SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> > > SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back SCSI device sda:
> > > 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB) SCSI device sda:
> > > drive cache: write back
> > >  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
> > > ....usw.
> > >
> > > Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
> > > Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Xen-users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
>

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xen 3.0 boot problem

Githogori Nyangara-Murage
Stephan,
        I had the qlogic stuff compiled into the kernel, but here is the lsmod
anyway as well as lspci. I am testing other stuff on that machine, but I
will go ahead and rebuild with qlogic as modules and let you know the
results.

  .githogori.
       

-----------------------------------------
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.12-xen0-3.0-gQ-noUSB #3 SMP Fri Oct 7
14:19:38 PDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root@localhost ~]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
dcdbas                 35740  1
video                  14980  0
thermal                11528  0
processor              16320  1 thermal
fan                     4228  0
button                  5904  0
battery                 8580  0
ac                      4356  0
[root@localhost ~]# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. E7520 Memory Controller Hub (rev 09)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. E7525/E7520/E7320 PCI Express Port A
(rev 09)
00:04.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. E7525/E7520 PCI Express Port B (rev 09)
00:05.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. E7520 PCI Express Port B1 (rev 09)
00:06.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. E7520 PCI Express Port C (rev 09)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI
Controller #1 (rev 02)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI
Controller #2 (rev 02)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #3
(rev 02)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB2 EHCI
Controller (rev 02)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801 PCI Bridge (rev c2)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Interface
Bridge (rev 02)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) IDE
Controller (rev 02)
01:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 6700PXH PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge A (rev
09)
01:00.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 6700PXH PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge B (rev
09)
02:0b.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. QLA2312 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev
02)
02:0b.1 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. QLA2312 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev
02)
03:05.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X
Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev 08)
05:00.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 6700PXH PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge A (rev
09)
05:00.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 6700PXH PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge B (rev
09)
06:07.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82541GI/PI Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 05)
07:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82541GI/PI Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 05)
09:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY
[Radeon 7000/VE]
[root@localhost
~]#                                                                    

---------------------------------------------------------------
On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 18:32 +0200, Stephan Böni wrote:

> Please, could you tell me the output of your "lsmod". Perhaps there
> are some missing modules to load.
>
> Thanks
> Stephan
>
>
> > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> > Von: Githogori Nyangara-Murage [mailto:[hidden email]]
> > Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Oktober 2005 09:23
> > An: Ian Pratt
> > Cc: Stephan Böni; [hidden email];
> > [hidden email]; [hidden email];
> > [hidden email]
> > Betreff: RE: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 boot problem
> >
> >
> > As I had stated earlier, I have again built Xen-unstable and have it
> > running on a Dell 1850 which has a qla2300 card. In fact
> > right now it is
> > busy beating up on the storage using ibre channel via the
> > qla2300. It is
> > on RHEL 4.1, and build against a vanilla Cambridge download, so this
> > should also work on SuSE.
> >
> > Below is a snippet of my messages file.
> >
> >  .githogori.
> >
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: Red Hat/Adaptec aacraid driver
> > (1.1.2-lk2 Oct  6 2005)
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt
> > 0000:02:0b.0[A] ->
> > GSI 37 (level, low) -> IRQ 37
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Found an
> > ISP2312, irq 37, iobase 0xe0002000
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: scsi0 : qla2xxx
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> > Configuring PCI
> > space...
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> > Configure NVRAM
> > parameters...
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> > Verifying loaded
> > RISC code...
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> > Waiting for LIP
> > to complete...
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Cable is
> > unplugged...
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver:
> > 8.00.02b5-k
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:   QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz
> > PCI-X to 2Gb
> > FC, Dual Channel
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel:   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @
> > 0000:02:0b.0 hdma-, host#=0, fw=3.03.08 IPX
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt
> > 0000:02:0b.1[B] ->
> > GSI 38 (level, low) -> IRQ 38
> > Oct  6 22:19:58 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Found an
> > ISP2312, irq 38, iobase 0xe0004000
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: scsi1 : qla2xxx
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> > Configuring PCI
> > space...
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> > Configure NVRAM
> > parameters...
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> > Verifying loaded
> > RISC code...
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> > Waiting for LIP
> > to complete...
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP reset
> > occured (f8f7).
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP occured
> > (f8f7).
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LOOP
> > UP detected
> > (1 Gbps).
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Topology -
> > (Loop), Host Loop address 0x7d
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:  QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver:
> > 8.00.02b5-k
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz
> > PCI-X to 2Gb
> > FC, Dual Channel
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @
> > 0000:02:0b.1 hdma-, host#=1, fw=3.03.08 IPX
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: megaraid cmm: 2.20.2.5
> > (Release Date:
> > Fri Jan 21 00:01:03 EST 2005)
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: megaraid: 2.20.4.5 (Release
> > Date: Thu
> > Feb 03 12:27:22 EST 2005)
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   Vendor: DGC       Model: RAID 5
> > Rev: 0411
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel:   Type:   Direct-Access
> > ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: 3ware Storage Controller
> > device driver
> > for Linux v1.26.02.001.
> > Oct  6 22:19:59 localhost kernel: SCSI device sda: 68317440 512-byte
> > hdwr sectors (34979 MB)
> >
> >
> > On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 21:28 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > >  Has anyone used xen succefully with a qla2300?
> > >
> > > What machines have this card?
> > >
> > > Ian
> > >
> > > > I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
> > > > But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:
> > > >
> > > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase
> > > > 0xf8812000 qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
> > > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
> > > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
> > > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
> > > >
> > > > until here all works fine, but then:
> > > >
> > > > input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0 qla2300
> > > > 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
> > > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
> > > > qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop
> > address 0xffff
> > > > scsi3 : qla2xxx
> > > > qla2300 0000:04:02.0:
> > > >   QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
> > > >   QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
> > > >   ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
> > > > fw=3.03.15 IPX
> > > > Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> > > > Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
> > > > exiting to /bin/sh $
> > > >
> > > > if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:
> > > >
> > > > SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> > > > SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back SCSI device sda:
> > > > 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB) SCSI device sda:
> > > > drive cache: write back
> > > >  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
> > > > ....usw.
> > > >
> > > > Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
> > > > Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Xen-users mailing list
> > > [hidden email]
> > > http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
> >

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: xen 3.0 boot problem

Githogori Nyangara-Murage
In reply to this post by Stephan Böni
Stephan,
        I finally got a chance to build Xen 3.0 with QLogic as a module and it
works just as before. I've sent my config file privately for you to
compare.

  .githogori.

-----------------------------------------------------------
[root@localhost ~]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.12-xen0-3.0-gQmodule #7 SMP Wed Oct 12
12:51:44 PDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root@localhost ~]#

---------------------------------------------------------------

[root@localhost ~]# modprobe qla2300
[root@localhost ~]# mount /dev/sdb /mnt/FCvol
[root@localhost ~]#
---------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT I SEE ON MY SERIAL CONSOLE:

0 00 00
 <6>note: smflsh4lx[5046] exited with preempt_count 1
QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:0b.0[A] -> GSI 37 (level, low) -> IRQ 37
qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 37, iobase 0xe0068000
scsi1 : qla2xxx
qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Configuring PCI space...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.0: Cable is unplugged...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.0:
 QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.00.02b5-k
  QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Dual Channel
  ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @ 0000:02:0b.0 hdma-, host#=1, fw=3.03.08 IPX
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:0b.1[B] -> GSI 38 (level, low) -> IRQ 38
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Found an ISP2312, irq 38, iobase 0xe0070000
scsi2 : qla2xxx
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Configuring PCI space...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Configure NVRAM parameters...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Verifying loaded RISC code...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Waiting for LIP to complete...
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP reset occured (f8f7).
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LIP occured (f8f7).
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: LOOP UP detected (1 Gbps).
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1: Topology - (Loop), Host Loop address 0x7d
qla2300 0000:02:0b.1:
 QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.00.02b5-k
  QLogic QLA2342 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Dual Channel
  ISP2312: PCI-X (133 MHz) @ 0000:02:0b.1 hdma-, host#=2, fw=3.03.08 IPX
  Vendor: DGC       Model: RAID 5            Rev: 0411
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
SCSI device sdb: 68317440 512-byte hdwr sectors (34979 MB)
sdb: cache data unavailable
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
SCSI device sdb: 68317440 512-byte hdwr sectors (34979 MB)
sdb: cache data unavailable
sdb: assuming drive cache: write through
 sdb: unknown partition table
Attached scsi disk sdb at scsi2, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS on sdb, internal journal
EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
----------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 16:50 +0200, Stephan Böni wrote:

> I've installed Xen 3.0-devel on SUSE Linux without any problems.
> But when i tryed to boot the system, i've got a funny problem:
>
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 185, iobase 0xf8812000
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configuring PCI space...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Waiting for LIP to complete...
>
> until here all works fine, but then:
>
> input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptcs-pt/serio0
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LIP reset occured (f7f7).
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: LOOP UP detected (2 Gbps).
> qla2300 0000:05:01.0: Topology - (F_Port), Host Loop address 0xffff
> scsi3 : qla2xxx
> qla2300 0000:04:02.0:
>   QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Driver: 8.01.00b5-k
>   QLogic QLA2340 - 133MHz PCI-X to 2Gb FC, Single Channel
>   ISP2312: PCI-X (100 MHz) @ 0000:05:01.0 hdma+, host#=3,
> fw=3.03.15 IPX
> Loading kernel/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> Waiting for device /dev/sda4 to appear: .....not found ---
> exiting to /bin/sh
> $
>
> if i use the standard (bigsmp) kernel the normal massages are:
>
> SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
> SCSI device sda: 41943040 512-byte hdwr sectors (21475 MB)
> SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
>  sda: sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4
> ....usw.
>
> Well, my qla2300 has the storage attached not a generic mouse.
> Of course it isn't possible to boot from this mouse. :-(
>
> What's going wrong here?
>
> Stephan
>
> _______________________________________________
> Xen-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-users