[xen master] public/elfnote: document non-alignment of relocated init-P2M
Author: Jan Beulich <[hidden email]>
AuthorDate: Fri May 12 17:24:17 2017 +0200
Commit: Jan Beulich <[hidden email]>
CommitDate: Fri May 12 17:24:17 2017 +0200
public/elfnote: document non-alignment of relocated init-P2M
Since PV kernels can't use large pages anyway, when the init-P2M
support was added it was decided to keep the implementation simple and
not align large pages in PFN space. Document this.
Signed-off-by: Jan Beulich <[hidden email]>
Acked-by: Andrew Cooper <[hidden email]>
Release-acked-by: Julien Grall <[hidden email]>
xen/include/public/elfnote.h | 4 +++-
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/xen/include/public/elfnote.h b/xen/include/public/elfnote.h
index 353985f..936aa65 100644
@@ -173,7 +173,9 @@
* The (non-default) location the initial phys-to-machine map should be
* placed at by the hypervisor (Dom0) or the tools (DomU).
* The kernel must be prepared for this mapping to be established using
- * large pages, despite such otherwise not being available to guests.
+ * large pages, despite such otherwise not being available to guests. Note
+ * that these large pages may be misaligned in PFN space (they'll obviously
+ * be aligned in MFN and virtual address spaces).
* The kernel must also be able to handle the page table pages used for
* this mapping not being accessible through the initial mapping.
* (Only x86-64 supports this at present.)
generated by git-patchbot for /home/xen/git/xen.git#master