[xen staging] xen/sndif: Change stream's unique-id to string
Author: Oleksandr Andrushchenko <[hidden email]>
AuthorDate: Fri Jun 8 09:08:31 2018 +0300
Commit: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <[hidden email]>
CommitDate: Fri Jun 8 10:56:53 2018 -0400
xen/sndif: Change stream's unique-id to string
Display and input protocols define "unique-id" XenBus field as string
which is much more flexible in defining unique identifiers comparing
to integer used by sound protocol. For example, this allows to provide
UUIDs as unique ID's. Align sound protocol with display and input
and redefine "unique-id" field as string.
diff --git a/xen/include/public/io/sndif.h b/xen/include/public/io/sndif.h
index 417d3ebc79..402033cf49 100644
@@ -278,13 +278,11 @@
* defined under the same device.
- * Values: <uint32_t>
+ * Values: <string>
- * After stream initialization it is assigned a unique ID (within the front
- * driver), so every stream of the frontend can be identified by the
- * backend by this ID. This is not equal to stream-idx as the later is
- * zero based within the device, but this index is contigous within the
- * driver.
+ * After stream initialization it is assigned a unique ID, so every
+ * stream of the frontend can be identified by the backend by this ID.
+ * This can be UUID or such.
*-------------------- Stream Request Transport Parameters --------------------
generated by git-patchbot for /home/xen/git/xen.git#staging