xend-config.sxp idle

Mickael Choisnard
Hi,
I use xen on debian 9.
I modified xend-config.sxp to see on web my doms with :

(xend-http-server yes)
(xend-port 80)

I restart xen.service and i have nothing in my browser.

likewise with logfile an (loglevel DEBUG)

Do you have a proposal ?

Re: xend-config.sxp idle

Valentin Vidic
On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 03:33:07PM +0200, Mickael Choisnard wrote:

> I use xen on debian 9.
> I modified xend-config.sxp to see on web my doms with :
>
> (xend-http-server yes)
> (xend-port 80)
>
> I restart xen.service and i have nothing in my browser.
>

> likewise with logfile an (loglevel DEBUG)
>
> Do you have a proposal ?

xend/xm was removed in Xen 4.5 so you can't use them with
Xen 4.8 in Debian stretch.  Not sure why you need the web
server or if there is any replacement in newer versions.

--
Valentin

Re: xend-config.sxp idle

Mickael Choisnard

Why there is the file xend-config.sxp ? Where or How to find Xen errors ?
I would like to use the web server because  virt-manager (new version) don't see domU only dom0.
So i installed openxmanager (https://github.com/OpenXenManager/openxenmanager) and it use https/http to see xen config.
Thanks

xend/xm was removed in Xen 4.5 so you can't use them with
Xen 4.8 in Debian stretch.  Not sure why you need the web
server or if there is any replacement in newer versions.

-- Valentin

--
Université de Bourgogne
UFR Sciences et Techniques

Re: xend-config.sxp idle

Valentin Vidic
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 05:01:19PM +0200, Mickael Choisnard wrote:
> Why there is the file xend-config.sxp ? Where or How to find Xen errors ?
> I would like to use the web server because  virt-manager (new version) don't see domU only dom0.

AFAICT from README.Debian.gz for libvirt, xen cfg needs to be imported
into libvirt to be visible in virsh and virt-manager:

  Libvirt uses libxl to manage xen domains. In order to migrate your
  configuration from a xend based setup use:

      virsh define <(virsh domxml-from-native xen-xm /etc/xen/yourxendomain.cfg)

  For some more details see #783901.

> So i installed openxmanager (https://github.com/OpenXenManager/openxenmanager) and it use https/http to see xen config.

Better check if that application supports xl style of Xen.

--
Valentin